Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You Think She's Been Drinking?

       So here's the funny story about the first time we ever saw Sal: The night before we went to view her to consider purchasing her, we'd gone to a hockey game and out for sushi with friends. Well I ended up with the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had and spent the entire night in the bathroom. Ever had one of those nights where it doesn't make sense to get back in bed since you'll be back in the bathroom in minutes anyway? Yeah, it was like that. Needless to say that the next morning, a 3.5 hour drive to NC was the LAST thing I needed...but we had an appointment with the broker and couldn't miss out on the opportunity to start our adventures! The sickness was passed, but I was a dried out and exhausted shell and needed to rehydrate and SLEEP...but it was going to have to be done on the road to Oriental. I tried my best to recoup as Jason drove but a moving car isn't really the best place for it.
Uh-huh, It's very nice!!

When we arrived in Oriental I was no better off and wanted nothing more than to curl up somewhere and crash. I could barely keep my eyes open. It was a beautiful day out, and I squeaked my greetings to the broker and Sal's previous owner, climbed aboard, laid out on her cockpit bench...and slept. That was me and Sal's first meeting. I'm certain the broker and seller both thought I was completely hung over; Jason's lame explanation of food poisoning easily looked like an excuse for one too many. He tried valiantly to engage me in the inspection/buying process, but I couldn't hold my head up for more than a cursory "Uh-huh, it's very nice" before falling asleep again. It was a very memorable first meeting to say the least.  Written by- the sick one!

I am feeling better, can we go now?

One week later, Getting her first real look at our Sal, She was happy!

1 comment:

  1. LOLOL!!! I didn't even know Jason had that picture of me passed out on the cockpit bench!! That looks every bit as bad as I felt...ugh...

    ReplyDelete