Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Orleans, LA


My job assisting the military often takes me all over the country (and world for that matter). I am often very busy and usually don't have much time off. I don't particulary like traveling without my wife but it's what I have to do to keep food on the table and prepare us for our cruising lifestyle. Recently I went down to Gulfport, MS and had the weekend off, so a co-worker and I headed over to "The Big Easy" for the day. We toured New Orleans, saw the sites and enjoyed some local food. Here is a glimpse of the French Quarter.  

 Bourbon Street

Not sure what this is other than a hotel but looked like a nice photo op

 Here is where we enjoyed lunch! I had the cajun pasta. I actually ate gator!

Street artist

Local street vendors and artists. I loved the colors and variety

Inside the large cathedral

Another shot

Brewing thunderstorm on the mighty Mississippi River

New Orleans river boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment